Sunday 29 March 2009

Canvas Art Journal Cover

Ok i have been making the most of my non college weekend as this will be the last crafting for two weeks. I have the boys of school for the easter holidays and 3 x 2000 word essays to do, arh is all i can say.

So after been inspired by Donna Downeys art quilt and a technique from scrap muse about using scraps, i came up with this. It will hopefully be the front page for a art type journal for Daniel.

So this is how i did it. I have some Canvas on a roll which i bought from Ebay. Very inexpensive, 3 big rolls for £9 inc P & P.

So i cut a 9 x 9 square and painted it white with acrylic. I edged with umber and black paint. When this was dry i used a water colour pen in green and purple to add some of the colours i was going to use.

Next i took a pile of scraps in greens, blacks and purples. These papers are mainly papermania with a touch of Teresa Collins and Love elsie for the black and white element.

Once i had cut different sized squares and rectangles i arranged them on the page how i liked and stuck them down with PVA. Once they were dry, i covered the whole canvas with PVA again to seal it.

I then took my white actylic paint again and painted over all the papers. Whilst still dry i rubbed away at the paint to bring the pattern thru again.

I took a halequin stamp and masked sections off before stamping in a line down the page. I added the main picture and some journal strips before embellishing with buttons and eyelets.

I used papermania alphabet stickers for my title.

I intend to mount on chipboard to make my cover.











And thats me all crafted out now with the craft stuff banished back to my newly tidied craft room

Thanks for looking as usual, greatly appreciated.

Sarah

1 comment:

kelly said...

lovin your work chicka!!! and your sneaks look so lush !! im jelous lol cant spell that im comin to your house see if your creative juices rub of on me haha