Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Page prompt swap challenge

The prompt last week was to use paint. And seeing as this was actually my prompt i thought i had better catch up and actually do the lO, lol.











The LO was made using lots of tips from CD's class at SAG. The large painted background is actually acetate painted in a haphazard way. That way if you dont like it you can wash it off and start again and not ruin a piece of PP. Before painting on the acetate, stick your words down. we used love elsie card stock stickers here as they are good quality thickness and can be reused many times. Let the paint dry and peel of the stickers for a cool effect.

The coloured strips are actually masking tape painted with water colour paints to match the LO. Circles along the edges are circles painted on watercolour card with paints and just cut in half for journalling cards.

The bottom decorative edge is made by cutting with edged scissors and folding twice to make a fringe. I then added a scrap off cut from yesterdays paper tearing LO to highlight the edge.

It looks very effective with very little spent.

TFL
Sarah

5 comments:

Claire aka Feline said...

Like the effect of a painted background onto acetate, must try that and what a smashing photo, those shots just say loads :) xxx

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Great LO! I have several moody photos of my nephews! Like the idea of painting on acetate.

~Danity Doll~ said...

that LO is very different, in a good way tho!!! looks really great.

i often hang about on your blog and listen to your music!!! heehee xx

Sharon said...

Great LO Sarah, love how you have painted on to acetate - great top you have picked up there.

Tinkerbelle said...

Lovely layout.. you have been busy catching up on the challenges... I must make a start xxx