Monday 22 September 2008

I have been so impressed with Ladybirds beautiful matchbox advent calendars over the last few months, that i decided to have ago.

These calendars are based on a class by Tracie Hudson over on Bubblyfunk craft website.

I spent the day painting all the little boxes on saturday and then put it all together at my crop yesterday. I went for non christmas colours of brown, blue and gold as i wanted it to match my living room and my deccy's are those colours as well. This little box is for me this time.

I asked the boys if they wanted one last week when i showed them the instructions but they said no, looked to girly. But oh now, low and behold, they both want one each. DH has asked for one for his mum as well. I said as long as he goes and does the shopping for all those matchboxes, then fine, lol.











I might try the swann vesta ones next time which are the next size up and then the really big boxes as well. We will have a family of them on the fireplace, lol

Bye for now

Sarah

4 comments:

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

ooh i do like that, i might have to have a go - it looks fabby!!!!! xx

Gem said...

This looks fantastic - I found your blog via the thread on UKS and I'm feeling very inspired now. Have bought all my matchboxes, just need to get myself started too!

misteejay said...

Sarah, love your colour choice...really fab.

Toni :o)

Paige said...

FANTASTIC!!!!! and so much neater and nicer than mine. you have put me to shame I will have to make some more this weekend :)