Friday 30 January 2009

Mojo is making an appearance

So i sat for an hour yesterday whilst waiting for the boys to arrive of the school bus and made more chipboard hearts. I swear to god, i hate these hearts. I cu 50 plus large hearts and 120 small hearts. So the job tonight is to start to triple emboss them all and add some bling.

So after doing a little crafting i wanted to do some more. So i started painting my newspaper pages for my in the mix album. There is a tutorial on Donna Downeys site on how to make these pages but basically its 6 newspaper pages stuck together for each page. I just want mine plain white and crumpled at the moment.


The finished pages


More paint


Build up the paint


Pasted pages.

So once i got the painting bug and dirty hands (as i am just too lazy to use a brush, lol)i started on the painted page element of my album. I used textured Bazzil and just covered it in white whilst blending sploges of pink or green whilst the white paint was still wet. I actually laid the painted pages whilst still wet on newspaper print and when i pulled it back some print come away on the page. Produced a nice effect.









Almost there with this in the mix book now

Sarah

3 comments:

willowthewysp said...

Love what you have done with the bazill...looks really effective, esp. with the bits of newspaper still stuck to it.
I sat for what must have been two hours today, all ready to create, but ended up with nout!....Still yet to find my mojo!!

jay670120 said...

looks messy !!!!
I have tagged you but its no ordinary tag you have to show the 6th photo in your photos folder check my blog for more details, I dont like tags but thought this one was fun :D

misteejay said...

Looks interesting...can't wait to see what you do with it

Toni :o)