Tuesday 23 January 2007

What a life at the moment

New words learnt (There are a few as I have not updated for a while)

yeasty \YEE-stee\, adjective:

1. Of, pertaining to, or resembling yeast.
2. Not yet settled or formed; immature or incomplete.
3. Marked by agitation or change.
4. Frothy or trivial; frivolous.
5. Full of vitality; exuberant.

extemporaneous \ek-stem-puh-RAY-nee-us\, adjective:

1. Composed, performed, or uttered on the spur of the moment, or without previous study; unpremeditated; impromptu.
2. Prepared beforehand but delivered without notes or text.
3. Skilled at or given to extemporaneous speech.
4. Provided, made, or put to use as an expedient; makeshift.

censure \SEN-shur\, noun:

1. The act of blaming or finding fault with and condemning as wrong; reprehension; blame.
2. An official reprimand or expression of disapproval.
3. To find fault with and condemn as wrong; to blame; to criticize severely.
4. To express official disapproval of.

pettifogger \PET-ee-fog-ur\, noun:

1. A petty, unscrupulous lawyer; a shyster.
2. A person who quibbles over trivia.


Shimmelle's class
I took part in shimelle's free online class over the weekend. I will post some pics soon but I am not completly happy with it at the moment. Firstly my photo paper ran out, then my ink cartridge ran out. I could not go and get any printed from the chemist as Daniel still has the chicken pox. I was inpatient to get started without the right equipment so am not happy with it now as a result. But I did enjoy the concept of it and loved putting some thought into it, I even have some more on hold that I will add later on. I also love looking at shimelle's site to see what every one elso has achieved.

On Sunday afternoon, Alex fell of Daniels bunk bed. He landed on a pile of Lego toys (that he had been asked to tidy away, and did not!) His face was all cut up around the eye, so It was all in the car for a trip to A & E. Results where 3 lots of butterfly stitches and a concussion, so a day of school for observations! Daniel is still spotty with the chicken pox as well.

Today was back to college. This semester all my classes are on the same day so its great and cuts down on petrol costs! I am stressed already with the work load. I am doing Principles of ecology and have a 2000 word essay for 30Th March, a 2000 word field study to do, plus 2 PowerPoint research topics. I am also doing marine science and already have a 1500 word essay, 1200 project and PowerPoint presentation plus final exam in may. Those of you who know me will understand how I am looking forward to the PowerPoint presentations, not!

That's all the scrap booking stuff packed away from the table and replaced with college stuff! I will have to limit my crafting to my fortnightly crops. I am going to a scrapbook event in Aberdeen in April which I am looking forward too. we have been issued with a challenge this week, a layout featuring the Selkirk Grace. Not being Scottish, this is going to be a challenge!

Here are a few pics of the kids misfortune this week
Daniels spots



Alex's cut up face!

No comments: