Saturday 24 November 2007

Crafty Bits

Firstly I have a shop warming present i made for Sandra to show you.









I made little houses from thick cardboard and painted them all white with emulsion. I then decorated them with a variety of scraps and embellished with eyelets, buttons and ribbons.

I have finally finished a LO i started at our crop last week as well. This is another christmas LO that i am thinking of framing up as a present.



I used alot of the digital stuff from shabby princess and made my title by printing on acetate.

And finally i have made a christmas journal. My mum has signed up for the journal your christmas class from Shimelle. She has been so excited by the whole process that her enthusiam has rubbed off on me, so i thought i'd give it a go. I made my own album using a sheet of A4 mountboard.







Here is how i did it if you would like to have ago.

1. Cut an A4 piece of mountboard in half. Sand off any rough edges now

2. Choose a patterned paper.

3. Cut around the mountboard with a half inch gap around the outside.

4. Cover the mountboard with double sided tape or strong wet glue and place it onto the patterned paper.

5. Add more double sided tape to the reverse (inside cover) and turn over the edges.

6. Cut a piece of plain carstock to cover the edges and again secure with double sided tape or glue.

7. That is the front cover now made. Repeat the process with the back cover.

8. My patterned paper had a slight twirl pattern on it. I used a black pen and a white pen to pick out some bits on the paper.

9. I then used matt accents to highlight these twirls.

10. I repeated this process until i had a good raised layer and embossed effect.

11. I used walnut ink around the twirls once they were dry to age the cover.

12. I added green ribbon and white lace to the cover.

13. I added homemade mountboard embellishments and tags to complete the look.

14. I added cream pages and then bound it all together with my wonderful bind it all.

I cant wait to get started putting it all together.

Thanks for looking
Sarah

1 comment:

Charli said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for your support over on the BTYD site Sarah - I really appreciate it love and love seeing all your crafty stuff! That advent screen is fab - what a great idea! And love your LO and your christmas journal.