Wednesday 17 January 2007

A busy old time

Continuing on my topic of learning something new each day, I have decided to learn a new word a day. Here is the first one.

foofaraw \FOO-fuh-raw\, noun:

1. Excessive or flashy ornamentation or decoration.
2. A fuss over a matter of little importance.

Yesterday Daniel arrived home from school covered in spots. I instantly knew it was chicken pox as I had them my self for the first time in the summer. Took him straight down to the doctors who confirmed it was. Daniel was ever joyed at the prospect of having time of school and all the TV he wanted. By tea time today, that novelty had worn off and he was feeling sorry for himself. He has spots mostly on the head, face and torso. He started with them on his eyes and mouth tonight. I feel so sorry for him as he has not been well at all recently. He had septic tonsillitis from September until November, which developed into an ear infection and a chest infection. That left him tired and unsociable. He lost his confidence and stopped going to his after school clubs. Over Christmas he had a great time, eating, playing and full of the joys of spring. He ventured back to his clubs last week, and now this. Poor kid is having all the bad luck.

Its Alex's 6th birthday tomorrow and he is so excited. All he wanted was a goldfish. So we went to the pet shop and picked a pair out tonight. He wanted the most ugliest goldfish in the shop. They had big sacs for cheeks and their eyes were on these, yak. We persuaded him to go for the lovely fancy tailed ones, thankfully.

I had a look at shimelle's free class on her website. I didn't think i had anything to confess but when i sat down and thought about it i have a list of 12 already. I am looking forward to this project and will put it in my book of me album as i think it will be quite personal.

That's me finished rambling for tonight.

Tatty bye

No comments: