Tuesday 15 January 2008

Not a very merry Christmas or a new year

We have not had a great time over the last few weeks. firstly our beautiful, best Shih tzu in the world unecpectable died on boxing day. I cant bring myself to explain how as it is still very raw and painful and we still miss him daily at the moment. He got a cold and a cought over the cold snap we had and it just put a lot of strain on his heart and he just could not cope. He passed away being cuddled by keith, blub, blub.

I made a LO the next day as a way to cope with the loss.





Secondly, as we were so upset at the loss of clausey and could not bare to be in the house, we drove down to Cheshire to see the family and Grandad who was feeling under the weather after recently being in hospital for a chest infection.

We got there on the friday but Grandad had a fall on the saturday morning and was admitted to hospital. He was really weak as he contracted the hospital superbug, C Diff, whilst in there the last time. His heart gave up and he passed away on the sunday morning. We are all so upset as 77 is not really a old age. Once it is not so raw i will gather all our pictures together and make some LO's for a wonderful man, (sorry mum if you read this and it makes you sad)



This is my Late nan and Grandad at my uncle Michael's wedding in the mid 1970's.

We stayed in Cheshire until the funeral which was on Thursday just gone and then drove home on the Friday. I was doing my first lot of craft demonstrations at Sandra's new shop in Banff, Crafters Haven. I was just a bit nervous but it was great in the end. The bind it all went down a treat. I made lots of samples which i will upload soon and sandra made a few really nice tag type books as well.

I have so many ideas whipping around my head for classes as well. I am also holding the fort at the shop soon as well, better learn how to use the till!!!!!, lol

I have decided to cheer myself up by taking part in some challenges over on UKS. I am hoping to do the Elsie Flannigan 52 scrapbook challenges one and the A to Z journal.

I made my journal last night using 7 gypsies paper, basic grey paper, agrylic paints, basic grey chip board letters, ribbons and blonde moments ultra thick embossing powder. I bound it all with the trusty bind it all and some 1 and 3/4 " red wires i got from Rosemerry Merry's crab apple shop in Keith's home town of Frodsham, cheshire. such a great shop.

My A to Z journal of Life















I have my first elsie Lo to finish tonight and my A in my Journal.

Off to cook the tea now, sausage casserole but the kids are not happy with that, good job i have a treat for them, mini profiteroles, yum, yum

bye for now
Sarah

1 comment:

jay670120 said...

sorry to hear all your bad stuff around xmas. Thinking of you.
Your book is FAB and i LOVE your red wires !!!! Hope 2008 is a good one for you xx