Sunday 20 May 2007

Finally all over

Well I had my last exam on thursday and I think it went well. There was nothing on there that I was not expecting and I answered the questions I was most confident with. All the college stuff was packed away on thursday night and the table refilled with craft stuff instantly.

I have spent the weekend relaxing and doing nothing inparticular. Got some scrapbooking done, watched lots of TV and did some reading. I finally managed to get Erika's LO from the Aberdeen event finished and will upload later.

I also managed to get this week's little things challenge done by Paula over at a Spoonful of sprinkles. The prompt was to include the word love in some way or form, be it in the journally or stickers etc. Here is mine all about Alex when he was 1 year's old. I used K & Co papers and the little cherub journalling card was downloaded from Paula's just journalling web site. You can also see all the other LO's for this competition over at carolines craftze forum.



I also completed a prompt for my BOM challange set by Roz over at UKS. The prompt was to do a LO about the what ifs in life. This is quite significant to me as at the moment I am debating whether to give up my much loved job and attend college full time to complete my science degree. I always regret leaving collge to get my dream job at the time and I am wondering if I dont go for this now will I regret this decision as well.



I got to go and play at my crop group today. I love going to the crop over at Macduff as there is such a mixed bag of talent there, ranging from scrappers too cardmakers and jewellary makers. We discuss lots of ideas and LO's and eat lots of cake and biscuits. Today i got more details about an event that Sandra is organising. It will be in Macduff at a local hotel on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd of September. Dyan from Art from the Heart and co owner of Blonde Moments will be teaching over the course of the weekend. Further details about classes and workshops is still to be finalised but the agenda is as followed, subject to confirmation

Saturday 1st
9.00 Coffee upon arrival
9.30 - 6.00 Teaching by Dyan

Mid and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included.
Teaching room will be available to complete projects and crop afterwards.

Sunday 2nd
9.00 Coffee upon arrival
9.30 - 4.30 Teaching by Dyan

Mid and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included.
Teaching room will be available to complete projects and crop afterwards until very late on Sunday

The cost of this event will be £200 per person. I feel this is reasonable as it covers the cost of all classes for 2 whole days, the cost of the hotel room hire and meals and drinks througout the day. Yes there are other similar events going on around the UK and Abroad but for many people it is often not convenient to travel to these far away events. Something on the doorstep is ideal to me.

It is a ideal oppertunity to learn new skills, gather ideas and meet like minded crafters from the area. Crating oppertunities are often hard to find this far north in Scotland so Sandra should be congratulated on trying to bring new craft things to the area.

That's my mamouth post over with. I dont know, I dont post for weeks on end and then you cant get me off here.

By for now
Sarah

2 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Your Cherub LO is gorgeous. What a beautiful child.

Emma_byford said...

I just love your stripey 'what if' page, its stunning.

Emma x