Tuesday 8 April 2008

Altered Art-Trypich Screen

I have always loved Rennie Mackintosh and art deco so i decided to celebrate this fact by making a trypich screen in honour.

I bought a screen from Carolines but it was too thick to go thru my beloved BIA. So i made another one using blank chipboard. I covered all the pieces with script style papers and heritage colours. I used 7 gypsies and K and Co.

I then gathered lots of deco images from the internet, just google art deco or charles rennie mackintosh and thousands flood in. I printed the ones i wanted out in photo quality.

I then began covering the screens and doors in a collarge style until i had the effect i wanted. It was a bit like being back at school with the pva glue and a paintbrush.

Once i was happy i set about using my water colour pencils and acrylic paint to highlight and colour in different parts.

I also used stickles, liquid perals and concentrated PVA glue to make 3D effect Mackintosh roses.

I then destressed the whole thing with walnut ink and abarondac metaliic gold dabbers.

I love how it turned out and it will be a welcome addition to my craftroom where i can sit and look at it and daydream the day away...........

I hope you like it




Sarah

No comments: