Saturday 15 September 2007

My first ever art journal/mini album

I decided i wanted to make a art journal after seeing some loverly journals over on 2 peas. I wanted one that i could leave hanging aroung on the coffee table so i could just pick it up and doodle away.

For my first attempt i decided my theme was going to be the boys. I made lots of tags. I found a bargin in asda recently, lots of different coloured index cards and a mini holder. I got the lot for £1.40. The index cards went in as journal pages. I added lots of daily dose cards from my minds eye to capture little daily bits of there lives. There is one about the contents of your pockets which is apt for dan especially since last weeks trouble at school. I decorated the front and back with DCVW rubons. the patterened paper inside was a mix of K and Co and the elsie range. I even cut into the self adhesive clothe 12 x 12. I am glad i did as it is so effective.

I also added some photos to break the journal up a bit and add interest. I added a paper bag for extra photos and an envelope for little things they make or bring home from school. Already got in their dolphin award cards fro yesterday that they came home from school with (merit scheme for the oldies like me!)

I am really pleased with this my first attempt. I bound it all together with my new toy, the bind it all. This could be the start of something beautiful, lol

Here are a few pics. NOt great shots as either i need new eyes or a new camera!





Front cover


Back cover


Inside pages





















Lots of pictures i know but i love the finished result.

TFL as always
Sarah

2 comments:

~Jules~ said...

This is stunning!
jules

Angela said...

wow, love it!!!!!