Sunday 9 September 2007

UKS weekly challenge

September week 1 team weekly challenge

The challenge brief

A book title on you layout 10pts
Any of the colours purple, lilac or pink 10pts
Some sparkle 5pts
Something new 5pts.

Those who read this blog will have seen this LO before. I started it a few week ago but was not happy at all with it. Today i took it out of the to do pile and looked at it with fresh eyes. I added bits and took bits off and now i am completely happy with it.

For this LO is used pink PP in the mother theme. The theme is about me as a mother, yes i am your mother (for my BOM for my boys to look back on) I hand doodled hearts along the edge. I printed an overlay and painted on the back with white paint. I heated with a hairdryer to get a crackle effect. I put 2 diecut chipboard hearts thru my xyron machine and covered in pink glitter. My title goes along the mother theme and is a book by PD Eastman called are you my mother.

so
Book title used
pink colour scheme
pink glitter die cuts
New technique of playing with paint and overlays

30 points claimed for charli's angels

Now this LO can be allowed in my BOM album

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Sarah, this is beautiful. I must try out your paint techniques too!
You have a natural flair for doodling, the hearts are gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Great LO, love everything about it. Thanks for taking part in our challenge.