Wednesday 15 October 2008

Taken the plunge

I have decided to start dieting again. I have an incentive for my brother's wedding mid april. Plus i want nice graduation pictures when i finish uni! So as of yesterday i am off food. I am really looking forward to it.

We have a healthy diet anyway, lots of chicken, soups, salad, fruit and veg. I drink litres of water in the day as well. Our only downfall is not alot of exercise, bread and butter and the increasing number of takeaways that DH buys when its his turn to help out with the tea.

I went to weight watchers about 3 years ago. I was there for 10 months and lost over 60 pounds. I was at the gym twice a week and and swimming once a week. Then we got a new leader and my motivation went out the window. I stopped with the gym or going to ww. I did continue to eat ok ish though. But slowly that weight i lost has crept back on again over those 3 years which is a shame.

So i decided to try slim fast this time. I have a smoothy usually for breakfast so no difference there and usually a quick soup when i am home from uni. So i thought the slim fast plan may well suit me this time. I can have 3 additional snacks so that's 2 pieces of fruit and a sf snack. The a normal healthy meal.

I intent to use the blog as a motivational tool and shame me into loosing weight. It will also be a diary so i can look back on a meal recipe.

So here was yesterday's food (Tuesday)

Raspberry smoothie meal (Breakfast)

Strawberry Milkshake meal(lunch)
Banana snack(lunch)
SF cheddar bites snack(lunch)

main meal
low fat sweet and sour chicken
portion of rice
large portion of green beans

Apple snack

2 litres of water

exercise 10 minute stroll with puppy.

Today Wednesday

strawberry smoothie meal (breakfast)

Vanilla milkshake meal (lunch)
bunch of raspberry snack (lunch)
SF pretzels Snack (lunch)

Main meal
tuna and cheese back

recipe for 4 servings

2 x small tins of tuna
500ml skimmed milk
2 table spoons marg
2 table spoons flour
100 g extra low fat soft cheese
1 tablespoon mustard
salt and pepper
75g of cheese, low fat if possible
200g pasta swirls

served with small portion of potato's
green beans
sweetcorn

sf cereal bar (supper)

2L of water (boy is my bladder straining, lol)

exercise 2 x 10 minute strolls

Not really feeling hungry at the moment so its a good thing. DH says he is enjoying it as well but i have to remove the slim fast labels of his bottles!!!! How vain is he.

And as an incentive i am searching for stuff for the wedding that i will file away and have the pleasure of buying nearer the time. Here is what i have picked out today, lol.



Back tomorrow with another update

Cheers

Sarah

3 comments:

Mrsjobee said...

Good luck with the diet - I need to go on one too but zilch motivation at the moment!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

good luck with the diet and that dress is gorgeous xx

voodoo vixen said...

You can do it!! You've done the hardest bit which is actually starting and you know you can lose it, because you did before!! Will be back to check on you.... ;)